Kara McAleer, graduate, writes:
Each day a trainee will do up a rota of jobs for the following day, so that all jobs will be distributed fairly.
This will include the following tasks:
- Looking after boards, which involves giving fitting sheets to every supporting artist, so
that the artists are able to recreate the look
from the images.
- Wigs – making sure all supporting artists were given the correct wigs to be fitted with.
- There was over 70 artists, so each row had a trainee on it. They had to ensure to:
- Make teas and coffees.
- Assist any makeup artists whether it was passing up, cleaning brushes, getting water and general cleaning of artists’ area.
- Getting breakfast for their row.
- Seating supporting artists with any makeup artists that were free.
- After Call, making sure all makeup stations were clean and tidy.
- Sweeping each row and changing bin bags.
- Cleaning the kitchen and barbering station throughout the day.
- Restocking the kitchen with tea bags, milk etc.
- Making sure there are enough hot flannels for over 600 supporting artists and putting on washes throughout the day.
- Craft runs – asking makeup artists if they would like tea, coffees, juice from Craft throughout the day.
- General tidying of Crowd Room when needed.
- Checking hair and makeup boxes to see if anything needs to be ordered.
- Shop runs, going to Tescos or Salon Services and buying any stock that is low.
- De-rigging all supporting artists at the end of the day and once again checking all stations and crowd room was tidy.
#Birmingham #film #TV #makeup #hair #makeupartist #MUA #trainee #Dumbo #Disney #PinewoodStudios #makeupschool #mmakup #makeuptraining #filmandtvmakeup