The MAKUP Academy offers exceptional yet affordable training in all aspects of hair and makeup design for film and TV. All students receive personal attention from founder Veronica McAleer, who has regularly worked as Personal Hair and Makeup Artist to Paul Bettany, best know for his role as The Vision in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Obviously, students benefit directly from Veronica’s award-winning experience, international reputation and wide range of industry contacts.
However, in addition MAKUP is a unique Training Academy in the aftercare, support and valuable work opportunities that it provides to students.
Upon qualifying, students receive 7 digital portfolio images, a free set of professional makeup brushes and an online CV template – so that they can start their new career straight away.
Students are automatically registered with MAKUP The Agency – and this is where the fun really begins!
Veronica’s students are currently receiving weeks of practical work experience in film, TV and theatre.
Alongside this, Veronica provides exclusive and free mentoring, advice, references and referrals – all of which results in stunning rates of student success:
- 2 students have won NATIONAL competitions for hair and makeup design – The 2016 National Makeup Artists Competition and Create The Look 2017
- 1 student has been offered a place on Creative Skillset’s HETV Trainee Finder scheme which has helped place new talent on UK dramas including Downton Abbey, Mr Selfridge, Black Mirror, Sherlock, The Night Manager, Humans, Jericho, Lucky Man, Happy Valley, Game of Thrones, Fortitude, Endeavour and many more
- all students have completed weeks’ of work experience and some paid work placements including:
- work experience on TV drama ‘Father Brown’
- paid work on ‘One Love: The Bob Marley Musical’ at The Birmingham Repertory Theatre
- work placement on a music video for singer Rose Wilde
- work experience on comedy ‘Bridget and Eamon’, TV mini-series ‘Rebellion’, TV series ‘Vikings’ and film ‘Third Wave’ starring Ellen Paige
- work experience on a fashion shoot for Birmingham City University
- paid work on a local promotional film
- work experience on a music video
We are incredibly proud of our students and the huge amount of success that the MAKUP Academy has helped them to achieve in just one year. Current course prices are still set at our low introductory rates, but will be increasing next year – so book your place on our September course now!
#Birmingham #film #TV #makeup #hair #makeupartist #MUA #SFXmakeup #competitionwinner #NationalMakeupArtists #CreateTheLook